- Deadline: 03/11/2022
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 3
- Award Amount: $3,000
- Website: https://scpress.org/scholar_intern.html
- Phone: 803-750-9561
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 106 Outlet Pointe Blvd. Columbia, SC 29210
The South Carolina Press Association Foundation awards up to three scholarships each year so as to support and encourage the students by relieving them of the financial obstacles.
The SCPA Foundation Scholarship is designed to provide financial support to eligible students who apply for it, but they have to be enrolled in an accredited university or college anywhere in the country pursuing a degree in the field of newspaper for a four-year program.
The scholarship award is an amount of $1500 per semesters and it is awarded to three lucky winners.
Interested students should follow the important dates related to the application procedure.
The scholarship program committee has set certain eligibility criteria according to which they will select the most deserving candidate.
If you are wondering what the eligibility criteria are here is some information related to that.
The eligible student should be residing in South Carolina, being that the scholarship is for student journalists of a 4-year college in South Carolina or elsewhere.
How to Apply
The application process starts with the completion of the application form that must be filled with accurate details.
What the eligible applicant has to provide with the completed application form are the following documents.
- A 250-word essay about the applicant’s interest in the field of choice.
- A resume or statement speaking about the applicant’s academic and extracurricular activities and achievements in the field of writing.
- An official or unofficial college transcript.
- A letter of recommendation from an adviser from the college the applicant is enrolled in.
- Less than 6 samples of work in the newspaper.
It is desirable but not mandatory that applicants submit other documents related to their different works and achievements in the field of the newspaper.
The application form is available on the official website of the association and it has to be submitted together with the related documents to the scholarship committee before 8th March.
Even though you are eligible if your application is received past the deadline it will be considered invalid.