PMI Eastern Iowa Chapter Scholarship is sponsored by PMI, PMI Components, corporations, and universities.
The scholarship committee will select the candidate who is the most deserving one among so many that have submitted the application form.
All completed applications accompanied by all required supporting materials will be reviewed by the Scholarship Application Evaluation Committee and the winner will be selected based on the quality of the content provided and a possible match with donor eligibility preferences.
In order to be considered eligible for the PMI Eastern Iowa Chapter Scholarship, you must be enrolled in or applying for an accredited academic degree program in project management or a related field benefitting from project management.
Plus, the applicant must be:
- a child or a step-child of a member of the PMI Eastern Iowa Chapter,
- a resident of the Iowa City/Cedar Rapids or Eastern Iowa area attending or planning to attend any accredited college or university,
- an individual attending or planning to attend an accredited degree program at a college or university in the tri-state area (Iowa, Missouri, Illinois)
- or any individual attending or planning to attend an accredited degree program at any college or university.
How to Apply
The application process starts with filling out the application form available on the scholarship provider’s website.
You as an applicant will be required to provide the following:
- Your personal information such as contact details.
- Your education information related to the university, enrollment status, degree, etc
- Essay in which you will be speaking about the importance of project management which should not be longer than 500 words.
- Your resume/CV which should be in .doc or .pdf file format
- Academic transcript
- Two reference letters have to be uploaded as an attachment to your application and must not be from a relative or family member.
Here are the guidelines for the application procedure:
First, you need to create an account on PMIEF.org and log in so as to be able to access the scholarship application portal.
Then, you should complete your application and submit it.
The notification will be sent to both winners and other applicants via email within three months after the deadline.