- Deadline: 02/01/2020
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: Not Available
- Website: https://oregonstudentaid.gov/barbers-grant.aspx
- Phone: 541-687-7443
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 1500 Valley River Dr. Suite 100 Eugene, OR 97401-2130
The Oregon Barber and Hairdresser Grant Program noticed the importance of providing financial help to those students who really need it.
So, if you meet the requirements and can demonstrate that you have financial difficulties which affect your studies, you should try your luck applying for this amazing award.
Preference will be given to those students with a significant need for financial help and the number of B&H Grants depends on interest earned on the B&H fund.
This meant that the number of grants awarded each year varies, as well as the amount received.
So, it is important to follow the scholarship timeline in order to be acquainted with possible changes, as the requirements and deadlines might vary.
The first thing that you should have in mind before applying for any scholarship is to see whether you are eligible for it.
For the Oregon Barbers and Hairdressers Grant Program you must:
- be a resident of Oregon
- attend a licensed school of barbering, hair design, cosmetology, or manicure in Oregon that participates in Federal Title IV financial aid programs and participates in the Barbers and Hairdressers Grant Program
- enroll full-time in a program which is at least nine months long or 900 clock hours
- have a significant need for financial help
Ineligible applicants are suggested not to waste their time applying.
You are considered ineligible if:
- you are in prison
- you will be concurrently enrolled in high school and the beauty or barbering program
- you are in default on any Title IV funds, including Stafford Loans
How to Apply
If you are sure that you meet all the eligibility requirements, you should know how to apply for the award.
You will need to provide the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and you need to list the barber or beauty school you plan to attend on the FAFSA.
There is not a separate application for the B&H grant.
This must be received by the school you plan to attend no later than February 1.
Your school will inform you if you have been selected to receive an award.