- Deadline: 05/16/2022
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: Not Available
- Website: www.hrsa.gov
- Phone: 1-800-221-9393
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: Not Available
- Address: 5600 Fishers Lane Rockville, MD 20857 U.S.A.
The National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program gives scholarships to students pursuing eligible primary care health professions training while in return, scholars will provide primary care health services in Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs).
The organization provides financial support for full-time enrollment for up to four school years and the money can be used for the payment of tuition and eligible fees, other educational costs and living expenses while pursuing your health professions degree educational training program.
If you are wondering whether you are eligible for the NHSC Scholarship Program or not, here is the eligibility requirements that you need to meet in order to be able to get the award.
The eligible applicants are students pursuing primary care health professions training, being that the awarded scholars will provide primary care health services in Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs).
Furthermore, you need to be a United States (U.S.) citizen and this should be proved by:
- Birth certificate issued by a city, county, or state agency in the United States:
- Identification page of a valid U.S. passport; or
- Certificate of citizenship or naturalization.
The following forms of proof will not be acceptable:
- A permanent resident card;
- Driver’s license;
- Marriage certificate; or
- Social security card
Also, you need to be a full-time student enrolled, or accepted for enrollment, or be attending—or accepted to attend—an accredited school or program in one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia (D.C.), or a United States territory.
U.S. Territories include:
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas
- S. Virgin Islands
- American Samoa
- Republic of Palau
- Republic of the Marshall Islands
- Federated States of Micronesia
How to Apply
Due to the fact that you will need an amount of time to collect all required and supplemental documentation, start gathering them on time.
You must submit a complete online application—including all supporting documents—by the application deadline, being that the foundation does not permit you to submit materials after the deadline.
A complete application consists of:
- Online application completed with true answers
- All required supporting documents; and
- Additional supplemental documentation (if applicable)
The application process is done within the BHW Customer Service Portal, so you must first create a profile.