- Deadline: 01/31/2020
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: $3,000
- Website: https://www.nabainc.org/scholarship
- Phone: 301-474-6222
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 7474 Greenway Center Drive Suite 1120 Greenbelt, MD 20770
The NABA National Scholarship Program has been established many years ago and has provided more than $11 million in scholarship funds to deserving students.
The lucky winner will get a $3000 award which will be sent to the academic institution that the student is attending and can be used for educational expenses only.
Each year, the committee determines the number of winners, based on the quality of the applications received.
The people interested in the NABA Member Scholarship award must meet the minimum eligibility criteria:
- Must be Black – African, African American, Caribbean, etc.
- Must be an active NABA student member
- Must be currently enrolled at a four-year United States college or university as a full-time undergraduate student (freshman, sophomore, junior, or first-year senior) majoring in accounting, finance, or business major, or they may be a full-time graduate student enrolled or accepted into a masters-level business program.
- Must meet the minimum required grade point average of 3.5 in your major and 3.3 overall.
How to Apply
If you are eligible for the award, make sure you are familiar with the application requirements.
First, you need to visit the scholarship provider’s website and find the link to the application form.
Then, you need to fill out the online National Scholarship Application (NSA) and the application must be fully completed.
The application process lasts from November 15th to January 15th, so all the following documents must be submitted prior to that deadline.
You need to provide an official current Academic Transcript which should be uploaded to the online application, a clear copy of Student/Permanent Resident Visa and a Current Resume, which also should be uploaded in the online application.
Then, a Letter of Recommendation from a member of the accounting/business faculty at your college/university or from a non-relative who is familiar with your academic and/or professional performance should be submitted as well as a Personal Biography of 75 words or less.
A Professional Headshot and an Essay Response of 500 words about the reasons why you chose your major are obligatory as well.