- Renewable: Yes
- Number of Awards: 2
- Award Amount: $5,000
- Website: http://www.emmys.com/foundation/programs/mister-rogers
- Phone: (818) 754-2801
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 5220 Lankershim Blvd. North Hollywood, CA 91601
The Mister Rogers Memorial scholarship offers $5,000 for two positions of scholarship. Interested and qualified candidates for the scholarship are those in pursuit of careers in children’s media.
The application for the Mister Rogers Memorial Scholarship is open to graduating and graduate students. As the foundation states on its website, the applicants need to have an interest in children’s media, and necessarily share in the interests of Fred Rodgers concerning the topic. Fred Rodgers is an influential figure in children’s media.
The offered amount in the scholarship is intended for pursuit of projects related to children’s media. It is thus not intended for the facilitation of tuition payment. Additional benefits that come along with award of the scholarship is working with professional mentors, who are skilled in children’s programming.
The scholarship oversight body highlights the eligibility criteria, for students interested in the scholarship. As stated on their website, the award of the scholarship is based on merit and fulfillment of the eligibility criteria. According to the foundation, the applicant must:
- Aim at a career in children’s media
- Be a graduating senior, or graduate student of an accredited college or University
- Demonstrate continued interested in subjects related to children’s media
How to Apply
The application process is efficient, and offered through the foundation’s website. In the course of application for this scholarship, the student should follow the steps below:
- Visit the scholarship website and fill out the application,
- Attach a proposal of their intended project,
- Attach at least two letters of recommendation from previous employers,
- Enrolled in the next semester after award of the scholarship,
- Attach contacts of financial aid offices in their institution