- Deadline: 10/15/2020
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 3
- Award Amount: $4,000
- Website: https://talnexus.com/programs/cinder-scholarship/
- Phone: 828-803-0811
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 453 S. Spring Street #222 LOS ANGELES, CA 90013
The Cinder Scholarship offers grants of up to $4,000 for storytellers, both writers, and filmmakers who are pursuing high education degrees in Masters in Fine Arts and at the same time struggle with financial difficulties.
The award will be given to applicants who have demonstrated talent in their craft and a commitment to exploring themes of individuality, community, and innovation in their works.
The selection of the best among the best will be done by the group of experienced individuals who will make the scholarship committee.
There are three lucky recipients each year who get an amazing $4000 award each.
Scholarship winners will be automatically accepted into Taliesin Nexus’ Cinder Workshop and he/she will get the paid tuition, room and board.
The foundation will also provide travel stipends of up to around $300 for those coming from out of state.
We believe that this is an award worth considering and you should try applying for it if you meet the eligibility requirements.
So as to be accepted as a successful applicant for the MFA Cinder Scholarship, you will need to have the following:
- A background in writing or filmmaking, such as an appropriate degree (e.g., English, creative writing, film) or writing or filmmaking work experience, such as in journalism, copywriting, or video production;
- Written works of fiction, for example, a novel, short story, screenplay or non-fiction
- Must be admitted to an accredited MFA program in good standing.
To be eligible for any Taliesin Nexus Program, the applicant must be a United States citizen, or legally permitted to work in the U.S., aged 21 or older.
How to Apply
Applications for the next academic year will open in May and close in September, so make sure you follow the application timeline and submit all the required material on time.
Late and incomplete applications will not be considered for the award.
Before the application process starts, while you are waiting for it, you should stay connected with TN’s writing programs by submitting your creative writing to our magazine, cinderq.com and that can be done by emailing email@example.com.