- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 2
- Award Amount: $1,000
- Website: http://marciagard.wpengine.com
- Phone: 804-243-8900
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 7700 Ardendale Rd Richmond, VA 23225
The Marcia Quick Gard Theatre Arts Scholarship is there to give an opportunity for serious acting students to get financial assistance which will be used toward their education as a professional actor.
The scholarship application process begins each December and eligible students may register to audition for the scholarship.
The scholarship winner will receive an award of $1,000 and a runner-up who will receive an award of $500.
If we speak about the eligibility requirements for this amazing award, we have to mention the following:
- The scholarship is available for students age 18 and older
- The eligible student has to be accepted to attend, or be already enrolled at, an accredited college, university or conservatory as a theatre major with the intent of becoming a professional actor.
If you do not meet the above mentioned requirements, there is no need to waste your time applying for this award.
How to Apply
The application process is easy and it consists of online registration which should be done prior to the deadline on May 17th.
There are certain registration requirements, such as that the registration form has to be fully completed and that you need to write a 300 word essay in which you will be speaking about why you wish to become a professional actor.
After the Registration is finished, you will be assigned an audition time slot by Larry Gard, who will contact you by email no later than May 15th.
Auditions for the scholarship usually take place at The Firehouse Theatre 1609 W. Broad Street Richmond, VA, 23220 between 9 AM and 5 PM on May 25th.
Once the auditions are over, two scholarship recipients will be chosen.
The audition requirements are the following:
1) You should perform two memorized, contrasting monologues of your own choosing, no longer than 2 minutes.
2) You will get 5 minutes for both your introduction and performance and if it exceeds the five minutes limit, you will be told to stop and you will be disqualified.
3) Upon arrival at the auditions, you are supposed to give the stage manager 3 copies of your theater resume and headshot.