A need-based $1000 annual scholarship for high-school seniors, and undergraduate or graduate students.
Mapes Law Offices is the largest bankruptcy law firm in West Michigan. Founded in October 2008, the firm provides help to hundreds of clients in their bad times, through a well-trained and professional team of bankruptcy lawyers.
They offer a $1000 scholarship to high-school seniors admitted in a college or university, and to undergraduate or graduate students already enrolled in a degree program. The scholarship is created to help students who have experienced first-hand the pressure of debts and are willing to share their story.
The applicants are required to write a minimum 500 words essay describing their debt pressure and how it affected their lives and educational plans. The winner’s essay will be featured on the sponsor’s website and/or on other social media platforms in the event he/she is awarded the scholarship.
The deadline for the application is August 1, 2022 and the winner will be notified sixty days after the deadline.
- Applicants should be enrolled in an American high school (seniors already accepted to a college/university), or pursue an academic undergraduate or graduate degree at a college or university in the United States.
- The applicants must provide proof of enrollment in a college/university or a college acceptance letter (for high-school seniors)
- They must also show evidence of their financial difficulties/needs.
How to Apply
The applicants must submit their essays by August 1, 2022 either via email or by post. In the application the following additional information must be included:
- The applicant’s full name
- Applicant’s mailing address
- Applicant’s contact information including email address and phone number
- The essay (minimum 500 words) on the given topic
Through the submission of the application for this scholarship, the applicants give their consent to the firm to verify their admission or enrollment in a college or university. The firm has the right to contact directly the educational institution for verification.