- Renewable: Yes
- Number of Awards: 200
- Award Amount: $10,000
- Website: www.lockheedmartin.com
- Phone: 800-537-4180
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: One Scholarship Way St. Peter, MN 56082
Lockheed Martin is there to provide financial aid to students who want to build their talents and change the world, but whose financial situation limits them in achieving that goal.
Since 2019, they have awarded 200 scholarships of $10,000 per student which are renewable each year.
What is even better, the winners will get mentoring opportunities and be eligible for Lockheed Martin internship opportunities following their freshman year in college.
The aim if this amazing scholarship is to support individuals studying engineering or computer science that either have financial need or come from underrepresented or underserved communities.
The winners will be selected on the basis of academic record, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, honors, work experience, statement of goals and aspirations, unusual personal or family circumstances.
When the eligibility requirements are in question, the applicants to the Lockheed Martin STEM Scholarship Program must fulfill the following criteria in order for their applications to be accepted.
The eligible applicant must be a U.S. Citizen
- He/she has to be a current high school senior with a cumulative 3.5 or above GPA, or current college freshman or sophomore with a cumulative 3.0 or above GPA.
- He/she has to plan to enroll full-time at an accredited four-year college or university in the U.S.
- The eligible applicant has to major or plan to major in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Math, Physics, Information Systems/Management Information Systems or Information Assurance.
- He/she has to prove the financial need and be willing to consider a paid internship with Lockheed Martin following freshman, sophomore or junior year of college.
The preference will be given to applicants who:
- Have taken Project Lead the Way (PLTW) classes in high school.
- Have demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Have a compelling personal story and/or family circumstances (i.e. military family).
The awards are given to undergraduate students only.
First generation college students and individuals from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Scholarship applications process starts in January and finishes on March 12th so make sure to submit application on time.
When the application process is in question, you have to register, create an application account, and complete your student profile.
As part of your application, you must upload the additional documents:
- Transcript of grades with your name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course, and term in which each course was taken.
- Copy of the first two pages of the most recently filed IRS Form 1040 used for the Financial Information Page.