- Renewable: Yes
- Number of Awards: 200
- Award Amount: $400
- Website: http://www.icf.org/scholarships.html
- Phone: 888/ICF-1924; 510/633-9058
- Fax: 510/633-9758
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 8393 Capwell Drive, Suite 110 Oakland CA 94621
Approximately two hundred annual $400 scholarships awarded to high school Catholic students admitted to college or university. The scholarships are renewable for three years, and will be gradually increased in the second, third and fourth year ($500 in the second year, $600 in the third year and $1,000 in the fourth year). Two additional scholarships of $600 and $1,000 are offered to students majoring in Italian studies.
The Italian Catholic Federation (I.C.F.) is a non-profit Roman Catholic Fraternal Organization, established in 1924, with members of Italian ancestry who are of the Roman Catholic Faith.
They offer yearly approximately two hundred scholarships of $400 each to high school Catholic students admitted to a college or university. These scholarships can be renewed for the following three years of study, and will be gradually increased in the second, third and fourth year ($500 in the second year, $600 in the third year and $1,000 in the fourth year).
Moreover, two additional scholarships of $600 and $1,000 have been offered since 1998 to students majoring in Italian studies. These scholarships were established in the honor of Mario Cugia, a past president and life member of the Italian Catholic Federation Central Council.
In order to apply, candidates should submit by post their application forms, as well as their transcripts, a letter of recommendation and a personal statement.
The deadline for the $400 scholarships is March 15, 2018 and that for the Mario Cugia scholarships is August 1, 2018.
- Applicants must be students from public as well as Catholic high-schools from California, Arizona, Nevada, and Illinois
- They must either be of Italian descent or their parents, guardians or grandparents must be Roman Catholic members of the Italian Catholic Federation
- They should have a GPA of at least 3.2
How to Apply
In order to apply for the first year $400 scholarships, candidates must fill in and submit by post, not later than March 15, 2018, the online application form available at http://www.icf.org/forms/1styearapp.pdf , which must include both the candidates’ and their families’ personal, academic and financial information, as well as the following additional documents:
- A high school transcript
- A letter of recommendation from a school official which must include the candidates’ GPA and class rank
- A 150 words personal letter explaining the applicants’ Italian origins (or the I.C.F. affiliation of their parents, grandparents or guardians), why Roman Catholic Faith is important for them and what are their plans for the future
To apply for the two additional scholarships for students majoring in Italian studies, candidates must fill in and submit by post, not later than August 1, 2018, another application form available at http://www.icf.org/forms/languageapp.pdf, including similar information and documents as in the previous case.