- Deadline: Not Available
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: Not Available
- Website: www.scholars.horatioalger.org
- Phone: (844) 422-4200
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 99 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 320 Alexandria, VA 22314
Horatio Alger Members offer numerous scholarships to eligible students in all fifty states and the District of Columbia.
They are aimed at high school students who have to overcome great obstacles in their young lives.
The financial need has to be proved and the requirement is that the gross family income is $55,000 or lower.
So as to be a possible candidate for a Horatio Alger State Scholarship, applicants must meet the eligibility criteria which includes the following:
- He/she needs to be enrolled full time as a high school senior in the United States;
- He/ she has to be progressing normally toward graduation and has plans to enter a college in the United States no later than the fall following graduation
- The applicant has to prove a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the United States
- He/ she has to demonstrate critical financial need
- The eligible applicant has to be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
- He/she has to display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- He/she has to have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 and be a United States citizen
There is a special eligibility criterion for the applicants for the Montana state scholarships.
If you are an applicant in Montana, the additional criteria is related to the institutions which you must attend and they are listed below:
The University of Montana or one of its affiliates, which include:
• Helena College
• Missoula College
• Montana Tech at Butte
• The University of Montana at Missoula
• The University of Montana Western at Dillon
Montana State University or one of its affiliates, which include:
• Great Falls College MSU
• Montana State University Billings
• Montana State University at Bozeman
• Montana State University Northern at Havre
How to Apply
The application process opens on August 1st and ends on October 25th.
Once you submit the Horatio Alger Scholarship application that means that you will be considered for the range of scholarship programs offered by the Association.
The requirement is to submit your application and all required materials online before the deadline as the late applications will not be taken into consideration.
To be considered for the Horatio Alger Trott Scholarship, applicants must complete the Horatio Alger Scholarship application which can be found on the scholarship provider’s official website.