- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: $10,000
- Website: www.limeconnect.com
- Phone: Not Available
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: Not Available
- Address: Not Available
The Google Lime Scholarship is aimed at computer science students with disabilities.
The Google Lime Scholarship award is $10,000 for those studying in the U.S. and $5,000 for those studying in Canada.
The recipients will be asked to attend the annual Google Scholars’ Retreat at the Googleplex in Mountain View, California in summer and will also be considered for software engineering internship opportunities with Google.
Every scholarship has certain eligibility requirements that have to be met so as to be accepted as a possible candidate.
The applicant must be:
- A current undergraduate, graduate or PhD student enrolled at a university in the U.S. or Canada
- Continuing current studies or intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a new program at a university in the U.S. or Canada in the year when the scholarship is awarded
- Pursuing a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field – these include software engineering or electrical engineering with a heavy computer science course load.
- He/she has to possess a strong academic performance and have a visible or invisible disability. As many of disabilities on campus are invisible, candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply
- He/she has to be a leader and have passion for computer science and technology.
If you have been a Google Lime Scholar so far, you are not going to be considered, as well as current high school students.
The criteria for choosing the most deserving candidate will be based on the strength of candidates’ academic background and a demonstrated passion for computer science.
How to Apply
The application process starts in fall and finishes on December 9th so make sure to provide all the necessary and required documentation prior to this date.
What you need to do to apply for this scholarship is to visit the official website log into or join The Lime Network.
You will be asked to provide:
- Contact, education and experience information
- Current resume and unofficial transcripts
- Five essays – in which you will show your passion for computer science
- One letter of recommendation from professors, advisers or supervisors.