- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: $15,000
- Website: www.financialwomensf.org
- Phone: (415) 586-8599
- Fax: (415) 586-6606
- Email: email@example.com.
- Address: 268 Bush Street #2822 San Francisco, CA 94104-3503
From its foundation in 2018, FWSF has awarded over $2.5 million in scholarships to graduate and undergraduate female students in San Francisco Bay Area who want to achieve success in finance and financial services.
The foundation offers $10,000 award for undergraduate students and $15,000 award for graduate students.
The recipient will get the possibility to attend an FWSF Luncheon in June and an invitation to the Financial Woman of the Year Luncheon in September, enrollment in the FWSF Mentorship Program.
If you find yourself that you meet the following criteria, you are eligible and encouraged to apply for this amazing award.
First, this is a scholarship for women, so you need to be an undergraduate female student who will be junior or senior in the Fall semester of the current year.
Also, there is a graduate scholarships for female students who will be enrolled during the upcoming Summer semester.
You have to be enrolled either at:
- The main physical campus of a Bay Area accredited college or university; or
- A school satellite campus located within 1 of the 9 Bay Area counties and taking at least eighty percent (80%) of classes at a satellite campus.
You have to be pursuing a degree and a career in finance or in the financial services industry and have a minimum GPA of 3.4 or equivalent in order to be eligible for this scholarship.
If you are lucky enough to get this award, you will be obliged to attend a luncheon in their honor in June of the current year and the Financial Woman of the Year luncheon in the fall of the same year.
The selection criteria is strict and it is based on the following qualities:
- leadership skills
- communication skills
- Alignment with Financial Women of San Francisco goals
- Financial need
How to Apply
If you are ready to apply for this scholarship, you will need to submit all the necessary documents in electronic format before submitting application, and those documents include:
- A resume where you will speak about your leadership skills and memberships, activities in which you have participated, your roles and accomplishments.
- a 750 words essay about the area of business you expect to study and your reason for choosing it, how education fits your life/career goals, how your goals align with the FWSF’s mission and why you think that you are the person who should get this award.
- A complete unofficial transcript from your current and any prior university or college
- A current photo
- Two letters of recommendation