- Deadline: 07/15/2023
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: Not Available
- Website: http://www.epoc.org/scholarship
- Phone: (860) 537-0337
- Fax: (860) 603-2075
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: P.O. Box 176, Amston, CT 06231-0176
Several annual scholarships for Connecticut residents currently enrolled full-time or part-time in an accredited academic institution and pursuing a Bachelor, Master or Doctoral degree in a field pertaining to environmental science. The scholarships are aiming to assist these students become Technical Environmental Professionals in the State of Connecticut.
The Environmental Professionals’ Organization of Connecticut (EPOC) is an organization established in 1996 in order to represent the interests of Connecticut’s Licensed Environmental Professionals (LEPs) by offering the necessary information, training and regular updates regarding the LEP program in Connecticut.
Since 1998, they offer annually several scholarships to assist with the education in areas related to environmental fields of individuals residing in Connecticut, or to immediate family members (spouse, child) of EPOC members.
The applicants should be enrolled in an accredited college or university (Bachelor, Master or Ph.D level) and major in a field related to environmental science. Moreover, they should be willing to pursue a career as Technical Environmental Professionals in the State of Connecticut.
The deadline for the applications is July 15, 2023 and the funding will be awarded in September, 2023.
- Applicants should be residents of the State of Connecticut
- They must pursue a Bachelor, Master or Ph.D. degree in a field related to the environmental field (e.g. environmental science, environmental studies, geology, biology, chemistry, hydrogeology, hydrology, earth science, natural resource management, ecology, soil sciences, water resources, toxicology, wetland science, or civil/environmental/chemical/mechanical/agricultural engineering)
- They should aim to pursue a career as Technical Environmental Professionals in the State of Connecticut
How to Apply
Candidates should fill in the online application form available at http://www.epoc.org/Resources/Documents/EPOCScholarshipForm-MASTER2015.pdf, and submit it either by email or by post. The following information should be included in the application form:
- Details about the applicants’ residence
- Description of their major of study
- A 400 to 500 words essay explaining why they chose their particular major, what they expect from a career in this field and why the scholarship is important to them
- Contact details of two referees willing to offer letters of recommendation to the applicants
Although the application form can be submitted either by email or by post, an official transcript should be submitted ONLY by post.
Additional information can be requested from Seth Molofsky (Phone: 860-537-0337, Email: email@example.com).