The Connecticut Broadcasters Association is offering a variety of scholarships and some of them are based on need, some on merit and some on a career track.
It is important to mention that only Connecticut residents are eligible.
The decisions of the Connecticut Broadcasters Association Board of Directors are final and they will be based on the complete application package.
Award amounts range from $1,000-5,000 and are based upon financial need and merit.
Scholarships to be awarded for the academic year beginning after the scholarship is awarded and the number of winners will be determined according to the number of applicants, the quality of their applications and the availability of the funds.
When the eligibility criteria are in question, applicants for the Connecticut Broadcasters Association must be Connecticut residents who are enrolled in an accredited college or university in any location, and who are pursuing media-related majors, such as communications, journalism, marketing, broadcast engineering, etc.
If you meet these requirements, you are highly encouraged to try your luck by applying for this award.
How to Apply
Now that you have determined your eligibility, you should think about the application guidelines and requirements.
Besides your personal details that must be answered, some of the questions that you will be asked to provide when filling out the scholarship application are
- On what radio station, web page or TV station did you first hear about this CBA Scholarship?
- Name of Educational Institution attending, or planning to attend:
- Major Collegiate Field of Study
- Semester in which you will be enrolling in the Fall, etc.
All applicants must include the following with the completed application form.
- Documentation of Financial Need – a copy of your Financial Aid Form [FAFSA]
- Transcript with most recent semester included and current Academic GPA
- List all Extra-Curricular Activities especially those involving the electronic media
- Statement of your Broadcasting goals (attach separate sheet up to 500 words)
- Letters of Recommendation – Three letters from faculty, employers, or other nonfamily members
All applications must be submitted by postal mail and received by Friday, March 16th at Connecticut Broadcasters Association, PO Box 1785, Avon, Ct 06001.