- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 3
- Award Amount: $2,000
- Website: www.massport.com
- Phone: 617-568-3125
- Fax: 617-568-3121
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: One Harborside Drive Suite 200S East Boston, MA 02128
Massport’s Office of Diversity & Inclusion/Compliance offers a scholarship program to support diversity in the transportation industry.
It is designed for graduating minority high school seniors who have financial difficulties.
The award amount is $3000 and it is awarded to three people.
Only the eligible applicants for the Diversity STEM Scholarship are able to apply.
Make sure you fulfill all the requirements prior to submitting your application form.
This scholarship available to graduating seniors who:
- Have to be residents or school attendee of the Neighboring Community (East Boston, South Boston, Chelsea, Charlestown, Winthrop, Revere, Worcester, Lexington, Lincoln, Concord and Bedford)
- Have to belong to a minority*
- Have to have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Have to be accepted to an accredited college or university
- Have to be involved in community service
- Should be interested in pursuing a degree in one of the following areas of study – Aviation, Business Administration, Accounting, Architecture, Engineering, Finance, and Human Resources.
How to Apply
When it comes to the information that the applicant has to provide, the following data has to be included in a cover letter:
- Your full name
- Home address
- Telephone number
- Email address
The documentation that should be attached when applying is the following:
A 1,000-word essay in which you will have to describe your interest in pursuing a degree that could be utilized in the Transportation Industry.
You can speak about various areas such as Aviation, Business Administration, Accounting, Architecture, Engineering, Finance, and Human Resources.
You can also mention how your community service has affected your outlook on life.
You should provide a short description of the community service you have performed.
Essay and descriptions should be typed.
You are supposed to provide a copy of your High School transcript and an accredited college or university letter of acceptance.
Two letters of recommendation from the community service agency where you have volunteered are also obligatory.
There you should state the names of organizations, dates of service, and contact information.
The deadline for submission of information and essays is May 10th and all the incomplete submissions will not be considered.
All this should be mailed to:
Diversity STEM Scholarships
c/o Magda Plumb
Massachusetts Port Authority
Office of Diversity & Inclusion/Compliance
One Harborside Drive, Suite 200S
East Boston, MA 02128