Several merit-based scholarships for undergraduate or graduate students who are pursuing an education in the food service industry and/or a hospitality management programs.
The Colorado Restaurant Association Education Foundation (CRAEF) is a non-profit organization established in 1987 and led by a board of restaurant-directors, industry experts, K-12 and postsecondary hospitality educators. The CRAEF’s mission is the training of individuals who are either already part of the foodservice industry or just entering the industry.
The Colorado Restaurant Association Education Foundation, in partnership with the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, awards scholarships to qualified American undergraduate students majoring in foodservice / hospitality management programs. The scholarship amounts vary from $1000 to $4000, depending on the quality of the student’s application.
The candidates are required to complete an application form providing answers to questions related to their outstanding achievements/honors, working experience and ideas regarding their careers, personal future goals, as well as ambitions and benefits related to the foodservice/hospitality profession. The winners will be judged according to the industry-related work experience and/or hospitality-related course work, the contents of the letters of recommendation, the essay questions and a final in-person interview.
The deadline for the application is April 1, 2019 and the winners will be notified by May, 2019.
- The applicant must be a US citizen or a permanent resident
- He/she must plan to use the scholarship in a foodservice/hospitality related program at an accredited post-secondary institution/program as a full-time or substantial part-time student, taking a minimum of 9 credit hours each term
- The applicant must plan to be enrolled for at least two upcoming consecutive semesters
- He/she must have industry related work experience of at least six months
Note: Applicants who do not meet these criteria will be instantly disqualified.
How to Apply
The applicants must fill out and submit their applications via mail no later than April 1, 2019 and include the following additional documents:
- Official transcripts, from all the attended colleges , sent directly to the foundation’s office
- A resume
- Two letters of recommendation on letterhead (at least one must be from a current or previous employer)