- Renewable: Yes
- Number of Awards: 5
- Award Amount: $600
- Website: http://www.nclegion.org/
- Phone: 919-832-7506
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: The American Legion Department of North Carolina PO Box 26657 Raleigh, NC 27611-6657
Colon Furr Memorial Nursing Scholarship offers a yearly scholarship grant to 5 nursing students enrolled in the colleges of North Carolina. The reward grant is worth $600 which covers the academic school related fees.
Any students residing in North Carolina has the opportunity to avail of this Colon Furr Memorial Nursing Scholarship. Annually the a $600 worth of grants is given to the chosen applicants for their tuition fee and academic expenses.
Every Legion post located in North Carolina sponsor at least 1 candidate. Selection of the candidate is upon the choice of the sponsor. Department’s, American Legion Riders Committee is assigned primarily to sustain the funds for the scholarship grant and to encourage each family members of the beneficiaries for their support in return of the scholarship.
- North Carolina resident student who is enrolled in a nursing program
- Must be recommended by the American Legion Post signed by the post commander or post adjutant
- Write letter of application to the Colon Furr Memorial Nursing Scholarship
- Enclosed in your application the Transcript of Records
- GPA excellent rating is a must
- Secure endorsement letter from the school including your teacher, guidance counselor and career counselors
How to Apply
- Application form must be obtained from the American Legion Post in North Carolina or you can write directly to the department Headquarter of the The American Legion Department of North Carolina
- Selected Applicants will be contacted through e mails by the The American Legion Department of North Carolina staff
- Upon selection, the candidate selected given a form to encode information for check grants directed to school payments.