A $5000 annual scholarship for an undergraduate California resident student who is currently attending or planning to attend a college or university from the State of California.
The Association of California Water Agencies (ACWA) is the biggest state-wide coalition of public water agencies in the United States. With 430 public agency members, the Association delivers more than 90% of the water to cities, farms and businesses in California.
The Clair A. Hill Scholarship amounts to $5,000 and is awarded each academic year to an undergraduate student from the state of California pursuing a degree in a water resources-related field of study, including engineering, agricultural and/or urban water supply, environmental studies or public administration.
The applicants must attach to the application a one- to two-page typed essay (double spaced, 12 point font) addressing the following subjects:
1) their educational goals and how these relate to California water resources,
2) their career goals and motivation to pursue a career in water resources, and
3) the number one water-related issue they would address through their future career, if given the opportunity.
The essays must include a cover page with the title of the essay and name of the applicant. The winner will be selected according to the applicant’s academic achievement, his/her motivation to pursue a career in water resources-related management, the quality of the essay, and his/her commitment to full-time enrollment for the entire academic year following the scholarship award.
The deadline for the application is February 1, 2023.
- The candidates must be California residents at the time of the application attending an accredited college or university from the State of California
- They must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in a water resources-related field of study such as engineering, agriculture and/or urban water supply, environmental studies or public administration.
- The applicants must be juniors at the time of the award
- They must commit to full-time enrollment (12 semester units or 16 quarter units)
How to Apply
The applications must be submitted via mail no later than February 1, 2023 and include the following additional information/documents:
- Name of the applicant
- Name, address and contract details of his/her school, college or university
- The applicant’s current official grades transcript (no photocopies or scanned copies are accepted)
- Two recommendation letters from a college professor and a former/present employer
- The applicant’s essay