- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 2
- Award Amount: $1,000
- Website: www.siliconvalleycf.org
- Phone: 650-450-5487
- Fax: 650-450-5433
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 2440 W. El Camino Real Suite 300 Mountain View, CA 94040
The Bobette Bibo Gugliotta Memorial Scholarship for Creative Writing was named after and created in honor of the late Bobette Bibo Gugliotta, author of several books.
The Bobette Bibo Gugliotta Memorial Scholarship for Creative Writing amount is up to $1,000 and the foundation offers two one-time scholarships
Every scholarship has certain eligibility requirements that has to be met so as to be accepted as a possible winner.
When the Bobette Bibo Gugliotta Memorial Scholarship for Creative Writing is in question, the applicant has to:
- Demonstrate passion for creative writing
- Be graduating high school senior or graduate of a public or private high school in San Mateo County or Santa Clara County
- Plan to enroll or be currently enrolled in a four-year college or university as a full-time student
- United States citizen or eligible non-citizen (eligible non-citizens include United States legal residents and A.B. 540 students)
How to Apply
The application process is simple, but you will need to submit the required application documents in addition to the Apply SVCF application form.
The documentation is the following:
- Personal Statement, that it a 500-850 word personal statement in which you will describe your short- and long-term goals and how furthering your education will assist you in reaching those goals, you should mention your personal characteristics, educational and extracurricular activities, you will speak about life lessons that you think will or have help(ed) you succeed in college and last but not the least, why you believe that you are a good candidate for this award.
- Financial Need Documentation (PDF), meaning that U.S. citizens and legal U.S. residents should upload a copy of their completed FAFSA and Student Aid Report (SAR), while A.B. 540 / DACA students should pload a copy of either California Dream Act Application and Confirmation Page, first two pages of your parent or guardian’s most recent Federal Tax Forms 1040 or Financial Aid Award Letter (PDF) provided by the educational institution you are attending.
- Two Letters of Recommendation (PDF) which need to be from a teacher or academic advisor on school letterhead, or a volunteer or work supervisor, community leader or personal acquaintance.
- Official Transcripts of Grades (Submit both PDFs and hard copies), meaning that you should upload PDF versions of your official transcripts and mail hard copy originals to:
- Attn: Scholarships
Silicon Valley Community Foundation
2440 W. El Camino Real, Suite 300
Mountain View, CA 94040
- Two Creative Writing Samples (PDF or Word) are also required with student’s application.