- Deadline: 01/25/2024
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 4
- Award Amount: $7,500
- Website: https://goldwater.scholarsapply.org
- Phone: (703) 756-6012
- Fax: (703) 756 6015
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 2121 Eisenhower Ave., Suite 402 Alexandria, VA 22314
The Barry Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Foundation was established in 1986.
The main aim of the founding of this organization is to honor the lifetime work of Senator Barry Goldwater.
The Barry Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Foundation, announced that the scholarships will be awarded to 496 college students from across the United States.
Scholarship amount is $7,500 per year and can be used to cover costs associated with tuition, mandatory fees, books, room and board.
In case you want to apply for this scholarship, you need to be eligible.
So as to be able to get the Goldwater Scholarship, a student must:
- Be a full-time matriculated sophomore or junior pursuing a degree at an accredited 2- or 4-year institution of higher education.
- Plan to pursue a research career in a natural science, mathematics or engineering
- Have a college grade point average of at least a 3.00
- Be a U.S. citizen from the 50 states or the District of Columbia; a U.S. national for those students nominated by institutions in Puerto Rico, Guam, Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands; or a permanent resident.
If you are a permanent resident nominated for the scholarship, you have to include a letter stating your intent to become a U.S. citizen.
You will be required to submit a photocopy of the nominee’s Permanent Resident Card.
How to Apply
The application process starts on the first Tuesday in September and ends on the last Friday in January.
Make sure to submit the application before the deadline.
The Goldwater application process includes the completion of the application.
You will need to complete the Student Profile and Goldwater Scholarship Pre-Application, then write a research essay about your background, experience, skills, and interest in pursuing a research career, and you will be asked to explain your career ambition.
You should do your best to submit a more competitive application.
Additional documentation includes three appropriate letters of recommendation and transcripts from all colleges and universities you attended.
The Goldwater Foundation accepts both official and unofficial transcripts.
The scholarship recipients will be announced on the last Friday in March.