A $1,000 annual scholarship awarded by Avanti Senior Living to a promising prospective female undergraduate or graduate student.
This scholarship is awarded by Avanti Senior Living, an organization aiming to improve Senior living and to create a highly innovative community.
It is dedicated to talented female applicants, pursuing either an undergraduate or a graduate degree in any academic field. The candidates, besides having excellent grades, should also be actively involved in community service.
An important part of the application is writing an original essay of 500 to 650 words, answering the question “How would you consider yourself an inspirational young woman?” and including an overview of the candidate’s short-term and long-term goals.
The deadline for the application is December 31, 2016 and the successful candidates will be notified by email and/or phone by March 1, 2017, as well as on Avanti’s Senior Living’s Twitter and Facebook pages on March 2, 2017.
Note: student athletes might not be eligible for this scholarships; before applying, they should consult the NCAA and coordinating sports association’s guidelines to check their eligibility.
Eligibility for this scholarship is based on the following criteria:
- The candidates should be undergraduate or graduate FEMALE students
- They should have excellent academic results (with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0) and a good character, and be actively involved in community service
- They should also be able to prove their excellence, character, motivation and dedication through writing an essay answering the following question: “How would you consider yourself an inspirational young woman?”
How to Apply
Applicants should fill the online application form from their webpage and submit it before December 31, 2016, together with the following documents:
- The most recent transcript (including the cumulative GPA)
- A reference letter from a teacher, coach, administrator, pastor, or community leader
- A document proving their involvement in community service
- A completed essay