- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: Not Available
- Website: http://www.awfdn.org/scholarships.shtml
- Phone: 804-734-3078
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: P.O. Box 5030 Fort Lee, VA 23801
Several merit-based scholarships aiming to help past and present women soldiers and their descendants who are enrolled in community colleges/certificate programs or are pursuing undergraduate/graduate degrees achieve their educational goals.
The U.S. Army Women’s Foundation (AWF) is an organization based in Fort Lee, Virginia aiming to promote public interest in military activities and to recognize and honor the military service of women through various programs, research and scholarship.
They offer yearly several scholarships to Army women or children of Army women who are currently either enrolled in community colleges/certificate programs or are pursuing undergraduate/graduate degrees. The Community College and Certificate Program Scholarships are awarded up to $1,000 and the College, University and Graduate Program Scholarships up to $2,500.
In order to apply, candidates should fill in and submit an online application form, as well as send by post their transcripts, two letters of recommendation and an essay detailing their academic, professional and military experience, their future educational plans and the reasons they think they deserve the scholarship.
The deadline for the application is January 15, 2020 and the awards will be sent directly to the winner’s academic institutions to be used exclusively for school-related expenses (e.g. tuition fees, room and board, books etc.)
- Applicants must be either women who have served or are currently serving honorably in the U.S. Army, U.S. Army Reserve or Army National Guard, or children of such women
- They must have a GPA of minimum
- 2.5 (for community college students)
- 3.0 (for undergraduate or graduate students)
How to Apply
Applicants should fill in and submit the online application form no later than January 15, 2020, and additionally send by post the following documents:
- A Department of Defense Form DD-214, an Honorable Discharge Certificate or other documents proving the applicant’s military activities.
- An official transcript (for applicants from colleges or universities) or high-school transcripts/GED documentation (for applicants from community colleges).
- Two letters of recommendation; at least one of these letters must be written by a school advisor, counselor, professor, dean etc.
- A maximum two-page essay (typed, double-spaced) addressing why the applicant deserves the scholarship, her future plans as related to her program of study, details regarding the her experience related to community service, work or other activities, and the ways in which the Army has impacted her life and/or goals.
If successful, the applicants should also provide a photograph and a statement to be used in AWF’s publications, social media accounts, marketing etc., as well as follow-up information regarding how the scholarship helped them achieve their educational goals.