A $500 scholarship offered to current military veterans, honorably discharged veterans, or to parents, children, grandchildren and siblings of veterans who will be enrolled in a college in the upcoming year.
The Law Office of Anthony D. Castelli is a Cincinatti based law firm specializing in serving injury victims from the state of Ohio.
The annual $500 scholarship is offered to current military veterans, honorably discharged veterans, or to family members (parents, children, grandchildren and siblings) of veterans who will be enrolled in college in the next academic year. The scholarship is given in the honor of Anthony D. Castelli’s father, Lt Jr Grade Joseph A Castelli, a World War II Navy hero.
Applicants should write a 750 to 1000 words essay describing the American Military’s role in preserving freedom for the United States.
The annual deadline for the application is Memorial Day (the last Monday in May). The best three essays will be published on the Law Office of Anthony D. Castelli’s blog.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, applicants should be
- Enrolled in college in the upcoming year
- Current military veterans, or
- Honorably discharged veterans, or
- Family members of veterans (children, grandchildren, parents, siblings)
How to Apply
Applicants should write a 750 to 1000 words essay on the American Military’s role in preserving freedom for the United States. The essays should be submitted either by email (email@example.com) or by post (8170 Corporate Park Drive #220 Cincinnati, Ohio 45242) no later than the Memorial Day of each year (the last Monday in May). Applicants should include the following additional information:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Their DD-214 or a sworn affidavit to attest to the name, branch of service, years served, honorable discharge/current military enlistment or, if they are not themselves veterans, they must specify their relationship with the veteran
- Proof of acceptance and/or enrollment in college for the following year