- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 25
- Award Amount: $5,000
- Website: www.thiswaytocpa.com
- Phone: Not Available
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Not Available
The AICPA is the world’s largest member association related to the accounting profession and its aim is to provide continuing education opportunities to accounting professionals who have certain financial difficulties and cannot cover educational expenses.
The AICPA Foundation Two-Year Transfer award has been awarded since 2013.
During this period, it has been helping students take to become CPA professionals.
This award is provided by the AICPA Foundation and the money can be used only for the payment of expenses related to the accounting education of the receiver and payments are sent to the student’s financial aid office.
The scholarship is not renewable and those people who have already received it should not apply.
In order to be an appropriate applicant for this scholarship, you have to:
- Attend a two-year college/university and declare that you have planned to major in accounting or an accounting-related field at a four-year college/university during the scholarship year
- Plan to study for the CPA licensure but not be a CPA at that moment.
- Enroll at a public or private, not-for-profit four-year college or university in the U.S. or territories for the full academic year in the year of applying.
- Enroll in a business and/or accounting program accredited by the AACSB and/or ACBSP for the full academic year.
- have GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Enroll as a full-time undergraduate or a full-time graduate level student for the academic year in the year of applying, with the exception of students who plan to participate in an internship
- Be an AICPA Student Affiliate member
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Have some financial need
- Plan to participate in the AICPA Legacy Scholars program for the full academic year.
It is important to note that the Association staff and their family members are not eligible.
How to Apply
The application process starts on December 1st and those who are eligible are encouraged to apply.
There are 25 $5000 awards, so it is possible to be one of the lucky applicants.
The application form can be found on the organization’s official website and the documentation should be submitted before March 1st at 3 p.m.