- Renewable: Yes
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: Not Available
- Website: http://www.wsfoundation.org/document.doc?id=244
- Phone: (336) 714-3445
- Fax: 336-727-0581
- Email: StudentAid@wsfoundation.org
- Address: 751 West Forth Street Suite 200, Winston-Salem NC 27101-2702
Originally the Virginia Elizabeth and Alma Vane Taylor Nursing Scholarship was created in 1966 only as a loan fund for students financial assistance but apparently it was in 2004 when the fund was converted into a scholarship fund for nursing students.
Through the effort of Mr. Roby E. Taylor the Virginia Elizabeth and Alma Vane Taylor Nursing Scholarship becomes accessible at the moment. The scholarship grants is dedicated to all the North Carolina Residents who is more than willing to take nursing programs whether associate or bachelor degree.
Considerations is likewise given to the Post graduate nursing students but it depends solely on the availability of the funds to sustain more scholars in nursing completion course. All residents of Davidson, Davie, Forsyth, Stokes, Surry, Wilkes, and Yadkin counties are given priority to apply for the scholarship.
Scholarship committee of the Winston-Salem Foundation has the right to select applicants upon careful considerations of all the requirements submitted. Likewise, the foundation reserves the right to terminate scholarship if failure to follow guidelines and rules in accordance to the scholarship rules.
Upon selection,payments will be released directly to the school enrolled within the two weeks time.
- Must be a college nursing entrants either bachelor or associate
- Must enroll in the accredited schools in North Carolina
- Maintain a GPA of 2.5 for all the healthcare subjects
- Must show financial needs
- Be a resident of North Carolina
How to Apply
Although Scholarship application form can be accessed at the website but applicants must submit the separate requirements stated below
- Most recent transcript of records showing a GPA rating
- Student’s federal tax return duly signed
- Parents’ federal tax return duly signed
- If Federal Aid applicant then submit the SAR
- Furnish a copy of financial aid letter
Note that deadline for the application for this scholarship may have been ended but it is a yearly grants given to students, so just accessed the website anytime soon for the schedule of re open dates.