- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: Not Available
- Website: https://tvma.net/scholarship/
- Phone: 512-887-0318
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 990 CR 339 Georgetown, TX 78626
TVMA Scholarship is meant to promote education and leadership. Only outstanding students from a college or university in Texas can apply.
This scholarship consists of:
- a cash amount
- a certificate commemorating the award
- an invitation to attend the Annual Conference
The winners will be selected by a committee of TVMA members, appointed by the President and all the applicants will get a one-year paid student membership to the TVMA.
The application has to be submitted by April 1 in the year the scholarship is awarded.
Selection criteria are based on:
- The school achievements, diversity, and difficulty of coursework taken (50%)
- Leadership abilities and extracurricular activities taken (25%)
- Student’s personal traits (25%)
- Texas students studying to become “vegetation managers” or members of the Texas Vegetation Management Association studying at any college or university.
- Individuals who already have a B.S., B.A. or equivalent degree are NOT eligible to receive this award.
- Individuals who are the enrolled undergraduates in September after the semester in which the scholarship was awarded.
- Individuals who are not members or family members of a TVMA member, they must have enrolled in or accepted to an accredited Texas College or University (their major field of study has to be in the field of or directly related to vegetation management).
How to Apply
- Download the application form from their site
- Fill in ALL the fields of the form
- Provide a current official transcript
- Provide a brief resume that addresses the selection criteria
- Provide three reference letters
- Provide a personal photograph
- All of these documents, together with the filled application form have to be submitted to the chairman of the TVMA Scholarship Committee
- Send the documents by April 1