Several merit-based scholarships of up to $5,000 for outstanding minority students studying insurance/risk management, accounting, economics, or business/finance who show strong potential for becoming surety or fidelity professionals.
The Surety Foundation is an educational institution established in 2005 aiming to assist individuals willing to pursue a professional career in the surety and fidelity industries.
They offer yearly several merit-based scholarships of up to $5,000 to excellent minority students pursuing an undergraduate degree in insurance/risk management, accounting, economics, or business/finance and showing a strong potential for becoming surety or fidelity professionals.
Applicants should submit by email or post an application form containing details of their academic and professional backgrounds, as well as a 500 to 1000 words essay describing either their academic/career choice (for first time applicants) or their previous internship in the surety/fidelity industries (for applicants who already won this award earlier).
The deadline for the applications is January 31, 2021.
In order to be eligible for these scholarships applicants must:
- Be full-time undergraduate students at an accredited four-year college or university
- Be of Black/African American, Native American/Alaskan, Asian/Pacific Islander or Hispanic ethnic origin
- Pursue a degree in accounting, economics, business, finance, or insurance/risk management
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0
- Willing to participate in an at least six-weeks-long paid internship with an institution in the surety/fidelity industry during the summer after the funds are awarded
How to Apply
Candidates must download, fill in and submit (by either email or post) the application form no later than January 31, 2021. Students should provide the following information/documents:
- Name and contact details
- Details regarding education and work experience
- An academic transcript
- A 500 to 1000 words essay about their academic/career choice in case they are applying for the first time for these scholarships, or
- A 500 to 1000 words essay about their internship within the Surety/Fidelity industry in case they have already been awarded a scholarship in previous years