- Deadline: 03/15/2023
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: $7,000
- Website: http://www.kingfoundation.org
- Phone: 212-682-2913
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: KingScholarships@aol.com
- Address: 1212 Avenue of the Americas 7th Floor New York, NY 10036
The Charles & Lucille King Family Foundation was established in 1988 to support people who are seeking educational excellence and professional development while at the same time, experiencing financial difficulties.
The Charles & Lucille King Family Foundation awards will be given to students who demonstrate academic excellence, financial need, and professional potential and this will be determined based on the application material provided.
The Charles and Lucille King Family Foundation awards scholarships only to the eligible students and this is an undergraduate scholarship that offers up to $3,500 per academic year to juniors and seniors majoring in television and film at accredited 4-year, degree-granting U.S. colleges, and universities.
How to Apply
If interested in this award, and you find yourself eligible, you can download the application online, in Adobe PDF Format between September 1 and April 1.
What you need to provide so as to apply for this award, besides the completed application form is the following:
- Personal Statement which should be typed on a maximum of two pages in which you will describe your goals and why you feel that furthering your education will help you accomplish these goals. In your personal statement, you should mention your academic awards or honors you have received and school or community volunteer efforts in which you have been involved.
- Letters of Recommendation/Support – You must submit two letters of recommendation and at least one must be from your academic advisor, major professor or another school official.
- An official copy of your most recent transcripts can be mailed separately to the Charles & Lucille King Family Foundation if so required.
Once you gather all the necessary documents and complete the application form, you should mail all of them in an envelope to:
Mr. Michael Donovan, Educational Director
Charles & Lucille King Family Foundation
P.O. Box 3450
New York, NY 10163
All application materials must arrive on or before April 15 if you want to be eligible for consideration.
Late and incomplete applications will be rejected, even though the applicant is eligible for the award.