- Deadline: 03/01/2020
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 10
- Award Amount: $5,000
- Website: https://www.cargillglobalscholars.com
- Phone: 844-803-9887
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 809 United Nations Plaza New York, NY 10017
The Cargill Global Scholars Program is in a way different from other scholarship programs as it does not only provide two-year financial support but also training and one-on-one mentoring.
The purpose of the Cargill Global Scholars Program is to build a global network of future leaders as they noticed the importance of supporting younger generations who will one day make important contributions to advance business, agriculture and food security.
If you are eager to apply for the Cargill Global Scholars Program, but you do not know who can apply, here are the basic eligibility requirements that you might find useful.
Applicants to the Cargill Global Scholars program must:
- Be citizens or permanent legal residents of Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Russia or the United States.
- Attend a partner university in the country of citizenship or permanent legal residency
- Be first or second-year university students pursuing a degree in one of the following majors: agriculture-related field, biochemistry, biology, business, computer science, economics, engineering, environmental studies, food science, international relations, political science, and public policy.
- Demonstrate high academic performance
- Demonstrate leadership potential
Being that you determine your eligibility, you should also know that the preference will be given to people who besides fulfilling the requirements demonstrate financial need, as this is a need-based scholarship with the aim to help those who struggle with educational expenses, those who specialize in fields of study that are identified as preferred fields and people who are from a disadvantaged or underrepresented group within their country.
How to Apply
In order to be eligible for the award, applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the country in which they apply, and they need to provide all the documentation which is set based on the countries application, so make sure you know all the requirements for your specific country.
If you happen to be accepted into the Global Scholars Program, you must:
- Adhere to the Cargill Scholars Code of Conduct.
- Attend both the In-Country and Global Seminars
- Participate in the mentorship program by communicating with their assigned Cargill Mentor, Cargill Staff, and IIE Staff.
- Remain enrolled in partner college/university, in addition to maintenance of required GPA requirements.