- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 1
- Award Amount: $2,500
- Website: https://stephenricememorial.org
- Phone: 512-751-8190
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 222 West Ave, 1303 Austin, TX 78701
The Stephen Rice Memorial Fund is offering a GLBTQ Media Scholarship award which is limited to $2500/year and the Selection Committee will review and score all submitted applications.
Scholarship awards can be used to cover tuition and fees and cannot be used in any other purpose.
You can download the application form for the Stephen Rice Memorial Scholarship and if you consider yourself eligible, you are encouraged to apply for it.
Students who are interested in the Stephen Rice Memorial GLBTQ Media Scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- He/she must have participated in radio, television, electronic media or film activity
- He/she has to self-identify as Gay, Lesbian, Bi, Transgender or Queer
- The applicant has to be a current high school senior or an enrolled college student at time of application
- The applicant has to be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident and current resident of Texas for at least two years
- The 3.0 or higher Grade Point Average is obligatory (4.0 scale)
- He/she has to have documented and active community service
- The eligible applicant must have acquired acceptance to, or be enrolled at Texas college of his/her choice and be an enrolled full-time student
The necessary thing is to note any special financial needs on their application form.
How to Apply
So as to make sure that you have filled out the scholarship application well, please follow the instructions.
All questions must be answered and incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Applications must be typewritten or identically reproduced in computer form.
The application form can be found on the SRMF website.
Additional sheets need to be attached in order to complete questions 6, 7, 8, and 9.
The complete applications must include the application form, including essay, three references with complete contact information, a copy of your current or most recent high school and/or college transcript, a proof of citizenship or legal resident and a proof of residency in Texas for the past two years.
Make sure to send the application by April 30th via e-mail to: Stephenricememorialfund@gmail.com
If you happen to be the lucky recipient, you will be notified on June 15th and you may be asked to attend an interview.