- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 2
- Award Amount: $2,500
- Website: https://nyramblers.com
- Phone: Not Available
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Ramblers Soccer New York P.O. Box 230330 New York, NY 10023
The Ramblers Scholarship is established with the mission to support student athletes who are pursuing an undergraduate education in the U.S., but who identify themselves as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, or intersex (LGBTQI) or are committed allies to this community.
They want to enlarge the Ramblers family with more student athletes pursuing higher education while at the same time are committed to serving the LGBTQI community.
Established in 2016, the Ramblers Scholarship is a one-time scholarship which is not paid to the recipient, but directly to their school to cover tuition fees.
The foundation offers up to two scholarships of $2,500 each year.
The application process starts on January 1 and ends on June 1.
The criteria for choosing the ideal scholarship candidate are:
- a clearly described need for financial support;
- significant impact of this scholarship on the applicants future life and goals.
The applicant has to be able to speak about his/her personal and professional goals and should be involved in extracurricular activities with demonstrated passion and commitment;
The first question always asked related to scholarships is whether you are eligible or not.
For the Ramblers Scholarship, the eligible applicant is only a person who:
- is an athlete, and the great thing is that all sports and athletic activities qualify for this award.
- is an open and self-identified lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, or intersex person; or a demonstrated and committed ally;
- is a graduating high school student who plans to attend a recognized undergraduate college or university in the United States
- is an already matriculated US undergraduate college student
- is between the age of 15- and 21-years-old
How to Apply
If you find yourself eligible for the Ramblers Scholarship, you are highly encouraged to apply for it.
But, firstly, you have to know what documentation is necessary for the application process.
Besides the completed application form related to your personal and educational data, you are supposed to provide the following additional and supporting documents:
- Five brief essays
- Two letters of recommendation
- List of relevant honors and extracurricular activities
- Copy of official transcripts
Make sure to submit the application documentation prior to the annual deadline on June 1.