Post graduate scholarship is available through the Perinatal Graduate Nursing Scholarships. This program is designed for the employed nurses who wants to pursue career is Masters or Doctorate Degree.
The Perinatal Graduate Nursing Scholarships aims to promote a more enhanced skill performance in nursing care of mothers and babies. A $5,000 worth of grant is given by March of Dimes organization yearly in order to promote maternal child nursing and post graduate education.
It was in 2016 when the The March of Dimes Dr. Margaret C. Freda Graduate Nursing Scholarship Award was created in recognition of the March of Dimes National Nurse Advisory Council Chair, volunteer, and friend, Dr. Margaret Comerford Freda. This is a yearly scholarship grants which promotes the healthcare for mother and baby becomes more productive through post graduate education. The highest scores among applicants will be awarded by the scholarship upon careful assessment of the scholarship committee.
- Must be a licensed RN (Registered Nurse)
- Must be presently enrolled in the master’s or doctorate level with maternal-child nursing as major
- Must have one year left of completion after the August deadline upon scholarship grant
- Must be an active member of the following organization the Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses; the American College of Nurse-Midwives; or the National Association of Neonatal Nurses
- Must not be a March of Dimes graduate nursing scholarship grantee from previous
- Restrictions of application to the employee of the March of Dimes or one of the Board of Trustees
How to Apply
For further details with the application procedures, you can visit their website and download the application form and attached the following requirements along with your application
- Your Personal Essay & Recommendation from the faculty school
- Published articles or presentations
- Certificate of Employment from your current work
- Proof of Volunteer Work, Honors/Awards & Previous Scholar
- Transcript of Records
- Personal Profile with licensed certification