- Deadline: 02/10/2020
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 1
- Award Amount: $2,500
- Website: https://www.amarilloareafoundation.org
- Phone: 806-350-4518
- Fax: 806-373-3656
- Email: Not Available
- Address: 801 S. Fillmore Suite 700 Amarillo, TX 79101
This scholarship fund was established in 2013 by family and friends of Coach Lozano.
The award is there to financially support senior athlete from the northernmost 26 counties of the Texas Panhandle who is interested in pursuing a degree in education and/or coaching for the purpose of teaching and coaching at the high school level upon graduation from college.
The selection of winners will be done by the Local Scholarship Selection Committee.
This is one time $2,500 award payable over two semesters.
The scholarship funds are available both for graduating high school seniors as well as currently enrolled college students.
We suggest you do not apply for the Lozano Scholarship if you do not meet the eligibility criteria set by the scholarship provider.
In order to be accepted as eligible candidate for the award, you need to:
- Be graduating high school senior with a 2.0 GPA to apply and a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 while in college;
- Be a student athlete;
- Attend any accredited college/university;
- Be interested in pursuing a degree in education and/or coaching for the purpose of teaching and coaching at the high school level upon graduation from college
- Be U.S. Citizens or Legal Permanent Residents.
- Reside within the Foundation’s service area or the geographic area specified by the Scholarship Fund Agreement, if different.
How to Apply
The application process is easy and everything is done online.
It starts in November and finishes in February.
You can find the Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF) General Scholarship Application at aaf.spectrumportal.net.
Application deadline is the second Friday in February, so make sure to submit the required documentation prior to that date.
Your application must include the following attachments:
- Proof of U.S. citizenship
- Transcripts- High school students must submit an official 7-semester transcript while college students must submit an official transcript of their most recently completed college courses
- Act and/or Sat scores
- Irs tax form 1040 for the household
- Two letters of recommendation – one written by a teacher you had in high school and the other from a pastor, employer, coach or mentor.
The applications received after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.