- Deadline: 12/01/2021
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 1
- Award Amount: $4,000
- Website: http://www.mesothelioma.com/scholarship/
- Phone: Not Available
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Not Available
The Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance is very to pleased to launch their new scholarship program which aims to provide financial assistance whose life was greatly influence by cancer.
The alliance will award $4,000 to a qualified student each semester to assist him in his quest for an improved way of life through quality education. If you have personally overcome any form of cancer, or have witnessed a love one battling it, they would like to hear your story.
Cancer is one of the leading causes of death around the world today.
The scholarship aims to provide assistance to a qualified student who was successful in battling any form of cancer or has witnessed a love one undergoing treatment for this illness.
The winner will be chosen based on their positive impact on those around them, strength in facing the difficult times, commitment to maintaining a good academic standing, and financial need. Your story will inspire other people to face life’s difficulties with courage and strength.
These are the application requirements for eligibility:
- Those who were diagnosed and overcame any form of cancer some time in their lives.
- Those who has an immediate family member, a relative or a friend that has overcome or is currently on the process of treating cancer.
- Must be a full time student at an accredited university, college or junior college, or a graduate school.
- US citizens nationwide can avail of this scholarship
- Applicants must have an outstanding academic credentials and should have a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher to qualify for the scholarship.
How to Apply
Interested students must accomplish a typed essay containing 500-1,500 words or a video recording (5 minutes max) which should answer the following questions:
- How has cancer changed your life?
- How did you get over this obstacle in your life?
- In what ways did cancer change your viewpoints in life?
- How has it shaped the person that you are today?
- How important is this scholarship for you?
You will be required to fill out the application form including your basic information such as full name, home address, email address, phone number, your current university or the university of your choice and also the major. Plus, you will need to submit the following documents:
- Unofficial Transcript of Records
- Any proof indicating that you are enrolled at an accredited university, community college or junior college, or a graduate school. It can be an official letter confirming your enrollment or the class schedule for the on going semester.
- At least 2 letters of recommendation stating why you deserve the scholarship.
- Details about your honors or awards or proof of volunteer work if there is any. Kindly limit to 2 sentences each.
All the qualified entries will be reviewed by the staff of the Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance after the deadline.
The criteria for choosing the winner will be based on the student’s positive impact on the people around him/her, how he showed strength on difficult times, commitment to good academic standing and financial incapacity.
Difficulty to support medication, a passion for community service, and dedication to achieve educational and professional objectives will also be considered when making the final decision.
Students who will be chosen will be notified not later than January 01, 2022 and will be announced through the Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance’s social network which have more than 50,000 followers. $4,000 worth of scholarship will be awarded to each winner.
Any false information in an applicant’s story will result in his or her immediate disqualification.
All entries should be submitted not later than December 01, 2021.
For more inquiries, you can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject line : Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance Scholarship.