- Deadline: 02/23/2020
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 2
- Award Amount: $5,000
- Website: https://allwomeninmedia-dfw.org/AWM_Scholarships
- Phone: 214-303-5076
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: PO Box 801245 Dallas, TX 75380-1245
The Dallas Area Alliance for Women in Media Foundation, Inc. created the Irene Runnels-Paula McStay Scholarships in the names of Irene Runnels, a distinguished and respected Dallas broadcaster and Paula McStay, a former Fort Worth advertising executive.
The Irene Runnels-Paula McStay $5,000 college scholarships are awarded to two students attending a Texas public or private university that offers radio, television, film, public relations, advertising/communications or broadcasting as the major emphasis of study.
Once all the applications are received and the application process closed, the Dallas Area Alliance for Women in Media Foundation Scholarship Committee will review all applications and make the final award selection based on the merits of the applicant.
The winners will be selected based on educational and career goals in their major field of study, activities and honors, service to community and references.
So as to see whether you are allowed to apply and get the award, you will need to meet all the eligibility requirements that the scholarship committee has determined.
- Candidate must have completed 75 hours of college course work
- The candidate may be male or female.
- An overall grade point average of 3.25 or 3.0 in declared major course work is required
- Candidate must be currently enrolled as a full-time student carrying a minimum of 12
- hours per semester with a declared major in radio, television, film, public relations, advertising/communications or broadcasting.
How to Apply
Besides the application form, which should be completed with accurate answers and can be found on the scholarship provider’s official website, these are the application materials required to support it:
- an official signed transcript for all college work attempted.
- two letters of reference one from a college professor and one from an employer, friend or relative
Part of the application form should consist of the applicant’s personal statement in which he/she will state his/her projected area of study and how this scholarship will further his/her career and educational goals.
You are required to return the Scholarship Application to the following address by March 17th
1104 Starleaf Drive
Mansfield, TX 76063
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.