- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: Not Available
- Website: http://hsf.net/en/scholarships/
- Phone: (310) 975-3700
- Fax: (310) 349-3328
- Email: Not Available
- Address: 1411 W. 190th St., Suite 700 Gardena, CA 90248
Several merit-based scholarships ranging from $500 to $5,000 for high-school seniors and undergraduate/graduate students of Hispanic origin.
The Hispanic Scholarship Fund is a non-profit organization established in 1975 with the aim of empowering Latino families with the necessary knowledge and resources to complete a higher education, by providing generous scholarships to outstanding Hispanic American students.
They offer yearly several scholarships (e.g. Gates Millennium Scholarship, Valley Alliance of Mentors for Opportunities Scholarship, The Greater Cincinnati HSF Scholarship or The Bacas Univision Scholarship) ranging from $500 to $5,000 to excellent Hispanic American high-school seniors planning to enroll in a college or university in the Fall semester or to Hispanic American students already pursuing their undergraduate or graduate degrees. Although students from all fields of study are encouraged to apply, preference will be given to those from STEM related fields (i.e. science, technology, engineering, mathematics).
The deadlines for applications vary for each scholarship. Interested applicants should check the deadlines, as well as further specific details on how to apply on the following webpage: http://hsf.net/en/scholarships/programs/
The necessary forms candidates must download, fill in and submit can be found at http://hsf.net/en/scholarships/scholarships-forms/
In order to be eligible to apply for these scholarships, candidates must:
- Be of Hispanic origin
- Be U.S. citizens, permanent legal residents, DACA or eligible non-citizens (as defined by FAFSA)
- Have a minimum of 3.0 GPA (high-school seniors) and 2.5 GPA (college or graduate students)
- Be enrolled or plan to enroll in an accredited 4-year university or graduate school next Fall
Although all majors and graduate fields of study are accepted, emphasis will be placed on STEM majors.
Several additional eligibility criteria in the case of specific scholarships can be found at http://hsf.net/en/scholarships/programs/
How to Apply
Applicants must download, fill in and submit the following forms available at http://hsf.net/en/scholarships/scholarships-forms/:
- Enrollment verification form
- Student aid report
- Free application for federal student aid
- Student aid report
- Employment authorization card
- Financial aid award letter