- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 1
- Award Amount: $2,000
- Website: http://www.hechtwalker.com/scholarship-opportunities-for-students/
- Phone: 404-949-0170
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: Not Available
- Address: Northside Office: Tower Place 100 | 3340 Peachtree Road, Suite 1530, Atlanta Georgia 30326 / Southside Office: 205 Corporate Center Drive, Suite B , Stockbridge, Georgia 30281
A $2,000 scholarship offered by the Hecht Walker law firm (led by Greg Hecht and Mark Walker) to ambitious and intelligent United States citizens between 14 and 40 years of age, enrolled in high-school, or pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees at colleges and universities or pertaining to a diversity of other categories such as transfer students, minorities, single mothers, or student athletes.
This scholarship is offered by the Hecht Walker law firm, a company dealing with various administrative, legal and judicial issues in the state of Georgia.
The scholarship targets excellent American students from a great variety of backgrounds (high-school students, undergraduate/graduate students, transfer students, students pertaining to minorities, athletes, single mothers) who besides having outstanding academic results are also actively involved in innovative public service and works of charity.
The applications are judged according to the quality and originality of the candidates’ essays.
The applicants must submit a 1000 to 3000 word essay or a 3 to 10 minutes video answering questions such as:
- What would they want people to think about them the first time they meet and why?
- What would they want their friends and relatives to say about them after they die?
- What were the causes of the 2008 economic crisis?
- Which of the five senses are most important for them?
- Which other person they would choose to be for a week if given this chance?
The scholarship amounts to $2,000 and the deadline for the application is September 1, 2020.
The applicants should be:
- American citizens or permanent residents of U.S.
- Between 14 and 40 years old
- Enrolled part-time or full-time in an educational institution
- They should not have earned more than $50,000 in the previous fiscal year
- Have an active Facebook profile and a functional email address
How to Apply
The candidates must submit via email by September 1, 2020 either a 1000-3000 words essay (typed, single spaced, 12 point font) or a 3 to 10 minutes video on one of the topics described above.
The essays and the videos must be completely original and pass all plagiarism tests. Together with their essay and video, the applicants should also submit their name, age, telephone number, city/state of residence, and Facebook profile URL.
After completing their application, the candidates must share their submission on all their social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.)