- Deadline: 06/26/2023
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 10-15
- Award Amount: Not Available
- Website: http://www.ampolinstitute.org
- Phone: Not Available
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 1440 79th Street Causeway, Suite 117 Miami, FL 33141 - 3555
Several merit-based annual $1000 scholarships for American undergraduate or graduate students majoring in areas related to communication, history, journalism, arts, cinema, business and/or Polish related topics.
Harriet Irsay Scholarship was established in 1992 by Harriet Irsay, born Jadwiga Pogorzelski, a member of the American Institute of Polish Culture from Miami, Florida. Since then, the program has supported over 215 talented students in pursuing their educational goals.
Every year, the institute offers several $1000 scholarships to American undergraduate and graduate students, preferably of Polish heritage. With an eye towards the future and the distribution of information regarding Polish culture, history and people, these grants are awarded to students from a variety of majors and academic disciplines, including Communication, Education, Film, Music, History, International Relations, Journalism, Liberal Arts, Polish Studies, Public Relations and Business.
The applicants are required to write a 200-400 words essay describing the reason why they should be awarded the scholarship and to provide an original, up to 700 words, article about a Poland-related topic.
The deadline for the application is June 26, 2023 and the winners will be announced by September, 2023.
Applicants should be American students, preferably of Polish origins, who are pursuing an academic undergraduate or graduate degree at a college or university in the United States.
How to Apply
The candidates must submit by email their applications by June 26, 2023 and include the following additional information/documentation:
- Name of the applicant, contact details and family background
- Name, address and contract details of his/her school, college or university
- Three letters of recommendation supporting the applicant’s academic standing
- An original transcript of grades sent directly from the School Office
- A CV or resume
- A $10.00 check or money order to the American Institute of Polish Culture as a non-refundable processing fee
- The applicant’s essay (200-400 words)
- An original article written by the applicant on a Poland-related topic (up to 700 words)