- Deadline: 02/17/2020
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 1
- Award Amount: $3,000
- Website: https://www.arlingtoneducation.org/scholarships
- Phone: Not Available
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: P.O. Box 150301 Arlington, TX 76015
One of many scholarships provided by the Spirit of Achievement Foundation which was named after Dr. Odom-Wesley due to her commitment and passion for education is the Dr. Barbara Odom-Wesley Spirit of Achievement Scholarship.
The scholarship award is $3000 and there will be only one lucky recipient of this award.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you are highly encouraged to apply.
So as to be accepted as a possible recipient of the Barbara Odom Wesley Scholarship, you have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
The eligible applicant is an African-American female high school senior attending school in Tarrant County or Grand Prairie, Texas and has a minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale.
The financial need of applicants will have a high impact on the winner selection and this scholarship may be used at any two-year or four-year college or university.
Applicants should know that trade, technical and cosmetology schools are ineligible.
Those who do not meet these criteria should not waste their time applying as their applications will be rejected.
How to Apply
If you are eligible for the award, you need to submit the application package which consists of the following:
- Completed official application form which can be found on the scholarship provider’s website
- Completed Academic Profile which must be signed by a high school counselor.
- Official high school transcript also with the counselor’s signature along the back of the envelope.
- Proof of SAT or ACT score which has to be provided sealed and unopened.
- Two letters of recommendation from a teacher, principal, counselor, civic leader, or minister/Pastor.
- A 1000 word typed essay in which you will answer the questions: How do you achieve excellence in leadership?
Completed Scholarship Application must be submitted by February 17th as those sent after the deadline will not be considered.
The committee will choose a few finalists who are required to attend a personal interview which will play a crucial role in determining which one of them is the most deserving one.
Scholarship funds will be sent to the college or university upon receipt of proof of enrollment.