- Deadline: 04/01/2021
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 2
- Award Amount: $1,500
- Website: https://wapioneerdaughters.org/scholarships
- Phone: Not Available
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 13210 Prairie Circle East Bonney Lake, WA 98391
The Daughters of the Pioneers of Washington Scholarship has been awarded since May 1940 and it was created with the aim to honor our pioneer ancestors.
The State Association of the Daughters of Pioneers of Washington offers each year two $1,500 scholarships with the aim to support students pursuing a high education degree.
The association is aware of the fact that education expenses are very high and that not everyone is able to pay them, so they want to make this easier for some people who really deserve to be supported.
In order to qualify for this scholarship, you must meet the eligibility requirements set by the scholarship provider.
The award is available only to a descendant of a person establishing residence in one of the following states: Washington State during or prior to 1870, Oregon State during or prior to 1853, Idaho State during or prior to 1863, Montana State – west of the crest of the Rocky Mountains-during or prior to 1863; a resident of Washington State;
Then, the applicant must be a full-time student in an accredited college or university in Washington State; and a college junior, senior or graduate student.
Preference will be given to students majoring in history, education or English.
How to Apply
Once you have determined your eligibility, you are supposed to take a look at the application requirements that this scholarship program entails.
The following must be submitted when applying for a scholarship:
- Proof of pioneer status and descent documentation showing that you are a descendant of a person according to the eligibility requirements.
- Genealogical chart filled out so that your line of descent from the qualifying ancestor is clear and uninterrupted.
- Two letters of recommendation from school administrators or teachers.
- A personal letter of application in which you will be describing your education/professional goals, your volunteer and community activities and your honors or awards received.
- High school and college transcripts,
The deadline for the application submission is April 1st and they need to be mailed to: State Association of the Daughters of Pioneers of Washington c/o Anita Chandler: State Scholarship Administrator 13210 Prairie Circle E Bonney Lake, WA 98391.