- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: $650
- Website: https://www.daad.org/undergrad
- Phone: Not Available
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 871 United Nations Plaza New York, NY 10017
Several scholarships (of $650 per month) awarded to highly qualified U.S. undergraduate students to assist with their studies, thesis research and/or internships in Germany for a period from 4 to 10 months.
The Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (The German Academic Exchange Service) is a private, publicly funded, organization of higher education institutions from Germany, established in 1925, and since then promoting international academic cooperation. They offer various mobility programs for students, professors, or administrators.
Each year, they provide several highly competitive scholarships (of $650 per month) to outstanding U.S. undergraduate students to assist with their studies, thesis research and/or internships in Germany for a period of minimum 4 and maximum 10 months.
Besides the monthly stipend, the scholarship also covers a health, accident and liability insurance as well as a travel allowance.
The deadline for the applications is January 31, 2020.
- Applicants must be second or third year students, enrolled in an accredited North American college or university, who will be in their third or fourth year while studying in Germany
- They must plan to spend from 4 to 10 months in Germany
- They should give evidence (both through their grades and letters of reference) of excellent academic achievements and strong personal integrity
- They must have well-defined and structured study, research or internship plans for their period in Germany
- They must prove an interest in contemporary German and European affairs
- German language competency is NOT mandatory, although the candidates will be asked to fill in a DAAD language evaluation form
- They should be committed to return to the US or Canada after finishing their scholarship
How to Apply
The applications should be submitted online through the DAAD portal (https://portal.daad.de/irj/portal) between December 1, 2019 and January 31, 2020. The following documents should be uploaded on this portal:
- An online application form
- A curriculum vitae of maximum 3 pages
- A 1 to 3 pages letter of motivation
- A statement of support and credit eligibility
- A proof of acceptance in the Study Abroad Program
- A language evaluation certificate
Furthermore, candidates should also submit:
- 3 copies of an application summary which will be generated automatically on the DAAD portal after the online application is completed (by post)
- A reference letter from a university professor (both by post and email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
All documents should be in English or French.