Providing enough money to pay for educational expenses is a tough task for many people who are great students and want to pursue higher education degrees.
So, various foundations offer scholarships to most deserving students and one of them offers the CPS Energy SAFE Program.
This program awards six high school juniors who are interested in pursuing a college degree in fields related to the energy industry each year.
Students must have an above-average attendance record, meaning to be the best of the best.
The CPS Energy Student Assistance for Education (SAFE) Program is designed to promote higher education for professional careers in public utilities.
In order to be able to participate in the competition for the CPS Energy SAFE Program award, you will need to meet some application and eligibility requirements, being that not everyone is allowed to apply.
The eligible applicant has to:
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Participate in full-time summer employment with CPS Energy for a minimum of 8 weeks.
- Attend all activities sponsored by CPS Energy during summer employment
- Reside in CPS Energy service area
- Pass a drug test and background check prior to summer employment with CPS Energy
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Be a Junior in high school
- Have a grade average of 3.00 or higher
- Have above average attendance
If you fulfill all these requirements, you are highly suggested to apply.
Otherwise, your application will not be taken into consideration.
How to Apply
When the application requirements are in question, all eligible applicants should get familiar with them as well, prior to applying.
Besides, filling out a CPS Energy online application which can be found on the scholarship provider’s official website – https://careers.cpsenergy.com/, there are also some other required documents that need to be submitted:
- Current High School Transcript; include the Class Standing form
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Parent Consent Form, if under the age of 18
- 2 essays on the following topics:
- Essay 1: What are your career skills & interests and how are they relevant to CPS Energy?
- Essay 2: Safety in the Workplace – What are your thoughts about the following statement?