- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: Not Available
- Website: http://www.brownvboard.org/content/scholarships
- Phone: 785-235-3939
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: PO Box 2338 Mission, KS 66201-2338
Annual scholarships for undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in a teacher/education academic program, created to foster academic achievement among young American minority scholars and advance educational equity and multicultural understanding.
The Brown Foundation for Educational Equity, Excellence and Research was founded in 1988. Their mission is to build upon the work of those involved in the Brown decision, to ensure equal opportunity for all people, and to keep the tenets and ideals of Brown relevant for future generations through programs, preservation, advocacy and civic engagement.
They offer yearly scholarships to undergraduate or graduate students currently enrolled or admitted in an institution of higher education with an accredited teacher education program. The sponsor’s goal in providing financial assistance to minority students majoring in education is to create a better future in which all students can be part of a multicultural, tolerant world with powerful role models the students can use to form and strengthen their own identity.
Eligible candidates willing to apply for the current Teacher Quest Scholarship Program must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and provide two additional reference letters. Recommendations should take into account the applicant’s leadership skills, attitude, maturity, initiative, persistence, reliability, and communication skills.
More information about the application process, award amount and deadlines may be found each spring on the sponsor’s webpage or by contacting them through email.
- The applicants must be enrolled at an institution of higher education with an accredited teacher education program, or
- They must have been admitted to a teacher education program
- The applicant must have a grade point average at 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale or equivalent (i.e. 4.0 on a 5.0 scale).
- The recipients must be enrolled part- or full- time in a higher education institution
How to Apply
In order to apply for this scholarship program, the interested candidates should check for more information on the scholarship’s homepage each year in spring or contact directly the Brown Foundation for more details regarding the entry procedures.