Each year, the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois offers 80 different scholarships totaling $200,000. The scholarships are given by local donors, and are intended for development of the local counties. Students are assisted in their pursuit of academic excellence.
The local community of Northern Illinois is committed to development and improvement of lifestyle for posterity.
The commitment is exemplified in awarding these scholarships, which are covered under the counties scholarships program. The local counties encourage the selection of students eligible for the awards on an academic merit basis.
Personal interests are considered as subject of application for the scholarships.
However, the local community and donors to the scholarship fund prioritize the needs of the local community as the basis for scholarship awards. Students are therefore encouraged to consider the immediate needs of the counties at the time of application.
According to the foundation, eligibility for any of the scholarships requires that the applicant:
- Should reside in Winnebago, Ogle or Boone counties,
- Aims to enroll for a career in Visual Art education or History,
- Engaged in activities and organizational dealings revolving around the visual arts,
- Has a GPA of at least 2.75 on a scale of 4.0
How to Apply
As stated on the scholarships application website, the application process follows a strict deadline. The timelines for application must be adhered to, if applications for the scholarships are to be considered. The following procedure is to be followed at the time of application:
- Create a complete profile at the website, providing all the required details,
- Confirm your profile through email verification,
- Select the available scholarship according to given criteria and your qualifications,
- Fill in the required details on the online web page or portal,
- In case of difficulty in the application process, call or email the Grants Officer through the given contacts.