- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: Not Available
- Website: https://www.baftx.org/graduate-scholarship/
- Phone: 832-310-0321
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: P.O. Box 421234 Houston, TX 77242
The main goal of the BAFTX Graduate Award is to provide financial help to individuals who are from the UK or Texas, USA and who are planning to further their education in their chosen STEM or business field and at the same time struggle with financial difficulties.
The foundation has noticed that educational expenses are high and that many people who have great educational achievements do not attend higher education institutions due to their inability to pay those expenses.
The number of awards and recipients is determined each year, based on the number of applicants and their applications.
The committee will review all the documents and determine the most deserving candidate.
As this is a need-based scholarship, the financial report will play an important role in determining the winner.
So, do not waste your time waiting, but go through the eligibility requirements and, if eligible, try your luck applying.
Students who are awarded this scholarship will be able to study at the graduate level, whether they are Texas residents in Texas, Texas residents in the UK or UK residents in Texas, being that the scholarship money will be applied toward tuition costs only and paid directly to the chosen educational institution.
So as to meet the eligibility requirements, the applicants must:
- Be a resident of Texas or the United Kingdom;
- Be enrolled in full-time education within the Texas or UK education system;
- Major in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or Business;
- Aged 21 or above;
- Belong to a low-income family
- Maintain a GPA of 3.25 or above;
- Be able to attend a 15-minute meeting/interview with a BAFTX panel, either in person, telephone or skype;
- Be able to attend an Awards Dinner to receive your scholarship in Houston.
How to Apply
Once you determine that you are eligible for this award, you are highly encouraged to apply for it.
This can be done by submitting the application form followed by certain additional documents.
Those are a letter of recommendation, school transcript, FAFSA report, essay and a photograph of the applicant.
Make sure you have submitted everything prior to March 31st when the applications will be closed.