- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: $1,200
- Website: www.ache.edu
- Phone: 334-242-2273
- Fax: 334-242-0268
- Email: Not Available
- Address: 100 N. Union Street P.O. Box 302000 Montgomery, AL 36104
The Alabama Student Grant Program is there to help state students by providing financial assistance.
It is aimed at the residents of the State of Alabama for undergraduate study.
The Alabama Student Grant Program was established in 1978 by the Legislature of the State of Alabama and since then it has been providing financial assistance to residents of the State of Alabama.
The important thing to know is that the applicants are advised to provide their social security account number (SSAN) being that it is required as a condition for participation in the Alabama Student Grant Program.
The SSAN is used to determine the Program eligibility, certify school attendance, make and verify grant payments, and maintain records of grant payments.
Not all people are eligible for this amazing award.
You have to meet certain eligibility requirements and they include:
- Applicants must have obtained a certificate of graduation from a secondary school or the recognized equivalence of such graduation.
- Applicant has to be classified as an undergraduate student;
- He/she has to be an Alabama resident as defined in Alabama Stud and Grant Program Act 90;
- He/she has to be a citizen of the United States or in the process of becoming a citizen of the United States;
- He/she has to be enrolled as a full-time or half-time student in an eligible program in an approved institution and has satisfactory academic achievements
- Furthermore, applicant should not be enrolled and not intend to enroll in a course of study leading to an undergraduate degree in theology, divinity, or other field of preparation for a religious vocation.
How to Apply
So as to apply for this scholarship, there is certain documentation to be submitted as well as the application form to be filled out.
This application must be completed and received before the deadline which is on 16th September, and all the applications received by the institution’s student financial aid office after it would not be takein into consideration.
Student application includes the following data:
- Social Security Number
- Birth Date
- Business Phone
- Home Phone
- Mailing Address
- College or University attending or planning to attend
- Field of Study for 2019-2020
Furthermore, you will have to provide answers to certain questions such as:
- Are you enrolled or accepted for enrollment as at least a half-time student in a program of at least 6 months duration?
- Have you been a resident of the State of Alabama for the last 12 months?
- Have you previously received a bachelor’s degree or its equivalence? among many others.