A need-based $2000 renewable scholarship for female high-school or undergraduate students who are residents of the state of Alabama.
The AGA Women’s Scholarship Foundation was established in 1993 with the objective of assisting exceptional young women from Alabama pursue their four-years of higher education at an accredited college from the State of Alabama.
The foundation offers a need-based $2000 scholarship to women undergraduate students from the State of Alabama pursuing a higher education degree in the same state. The scholarship is awarded on a semester-basis and can be renewed each Fall and Spring semester for eight consecutive semesters (4 years). The program is not an athletic-based one, but rather an academic scholarship program, awarded to a young talented lady who is interested in golf.
The application process is open from November 1, 2020 to March 4, 2021 (submission deadline).
- The candidate must be resident of the state of Alabama
- The applicant should be a graduate of an accredited secondary school, where she has shown evidence of academic excellence, good citizenship, sportsmanship and community involvement.
- She must be in need of financial assistance to pursue an undergraduate education in a college or university in the state of Alabama
- The preferred candidate must show an interest in the game of golf
How to Apply
The applicants must fill out an online application form by March 4, 2020 and include the following additional information/documentation:
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from a high-school staff, a representative of the AGA, a fellow church member, an employer, or someone the applicant is affiliated with through the game of golf
- A copy of the applicant’s ACT score
- A copy of the applicant’s high school transcript
- A portrait photograph
- 2014 Tax Returns for primary guardians
The online application and the above documents (scanned copies) must be either e-mailed to email@example.com or sent by post and received no later than March 4th.